Researcher and adult educator, philosopher and consultant
Digital change is a call for creativity and human engagement. From this viewpoint, I have been researching the effects of digitalization on human beings, society and education since 2014. I search for ways to actively shape this change in a way that is beneficial to us – at school, in daily life, through research, art and dialogue. In my consultations and seminars I try to broaden people's horizon to encompass what is genuinely human, and to focus on the larger social developments. As a lecturer and consultant, I create a space for students or teams in which new thoughts can grow. From there, the future can be explored and shaped.
I have been working with Linefeed as a consultant, educator and researcher since 2020. I live in Basel with my wife and our three teenage sons.
Career and Education
- Research fellow at the School of Education FHNW with the research project #LPiDW – Teachers in Digital Transformation
- 2005-2019 head of the "Forschungsstelle Kulturimpuls" research centre at the Goetheanum, Dornach
- Lecturer at the School of Education FHNW, Muttenz/Switzerland, at the Seminar for Waldorf Education, Berlin/Germany and at the Goetheanum, Dornach/Switzerland
- PhD at the University of Basel, Institute for Educational Sciences. Dissertation on ICT-Professionalization and ICT-Beliefs of teachers.
- MA in Educational Sciences (Adult Education/CPD with philosophy as teaching subject), School of Education, Freiburg i.Br./Germany
- Studies in Philosophy and Cultural History, Goetheanum, Dornach/Switzerland, University of Heidelberg/Germany